Tropical Storm Imelda Debris Removal
The City of Orange will begin removing debris due to flooding from Tropical Storm Imelda on Monday, September 30. Debris removal will begin in Hillbrook Estates, but multiple passes will be made to remove curbside debris.
Please place the debris to the side of the road in a manner that is NOT blocking the road in any way. The debris should be placed in the proper piles and also should be accessible for pick up with a grappling truck.
Any flood related materials that citizens may want removed from the area must be separated into four distinct categories. FEMA requirements for separation of debris and damaged material are as follows:
- C&D Piles- construction and demolition materials
- Vegetation – tree limbs, branches and cuttings
- White Goods- refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, freezers, etc.
- Hazardous Waste- paints, household chemicals, etc.
- Electronics – Computers, radios, stereos, televisions, and other devices with a cord
Additional information will be posted when available to Facebook at Orange Texas Gov and online at www.orangetexas.net.