The City of Orange will begin picking up damaged debris as soon as possible in areas within the City where homes were affected by the recent flooding due to Tropical Storm Harvey and flooding from the Sabine River.
Any flood related materials that citizens may want removed from the area must be separated into four distinct categories. FEMA requirements for separation of debris and damaged material are as follows:
- C&D Piles- construction and demolition materials
- Green Waste Piles- tree limbs, branches and cuttings
- White Goods- refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, freezers, etc.
- Hazardous Waste- paints, household chemicals, etc.
The City of Orange Office of Emergency Management would like to remind the citizens of Orange that all debris to be removed must be separated into their proper piles and placed curbside.
**PLEASE DO NOT PLACE DEBRIS IN THE STREET WHICH WILL AFFECT EMERGENCY RESPONSE AND THE RESTORATION OF POWER TO ALL HOMES.
Please check the City of Orange Facebook page, Orange Texas Gov, and www.orangetexas.net for additional updates.
City of Orange officials have announced a new curfew, effective immediately from 11 P.M. until 5 A.M. until further notice. City officials are working to keep our community safe and give our residents peace of mind during this overwhelming event.
Tetanus vaccinations have arrived and the county will be holding Tdap clinics September 8-12, 2017. The tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis vaccination is being offered for those that have been working in or around the flooded waters. You do not need a tetanus vaccination if you have had the vaccine in the past 10 years but are eligible to receive a booster if it has been 5 years since your last shot.
First United Methodist Church located at 501 N. Main Street Vidor, Tx
- Friday, September 8th 3:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 9th 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Orange City Library located at 220 5th Street Orange, Tx
- Sunday, September 10th 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Monday, September 11th 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Pinehurst city council room located at 2497 MLK Jr. Drive Orange, Tx
- Tuesday, September 12th 10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
First Responders only: Vidor City Hall located at Grand St, Vidor, Tx
- Friday, September 8th 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (must show government ID or be in uniform)
We ask that all residents please be patient at the vaccination sites and, if possible, use the vaccination site closest to their residential area.
Future clinic dates will be available when additional vaccines arrive.
The Center for Disease Control website https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/tdap.html has more information about the Tdap vaccination.