The City of Orange will hold a Special Call Historic Preservation Commission Meeting on Tuesday, February 6th at 5:30 p.m., and we are back in our building so we will meet at the Neighborhood Facility Building Meeting Room (303 8th Street).
The City of Orange Planning & Zoning Commission has cancelled the meeting scheduled for Tuesday, February 6, 2018 @ 5:30 PM, as no applications were received.…
The Orange City Council Meeting will be held at the Orange Public Library Auditorium at 5:30 P.M. on Tuesday, January 23, 2018. A City Council Agenda may be found HERE.
From the Office of Emergency Management and the City of Orange Fire Department:
City officials would like to remind citizens that winter storms have the capability to bring cold temperatures, power failures, and icy roads. Please view the following tips to keep yourself, your family, and your pets safe:
- Insulate exterior pipes that run along outer walls to prevent freezing
- Know how to shut off water valves in the event a pipe bursts
- Provide adequate shelter to keep pets warm and ensure they have access to unfrozen water and food
- Never use a generator, grill, camp stove, or charcoal burning device inside or in any partially enclosed area
- Never use a gas stove/oven for a heating source – this could cause carbon monoxide poisoning
- Keep space heaters AT LEAST 3 feet from all objects
- Have a flashlight and blankets in place in the event of power failures
City officials recommend citizens gather any needed supplies early in the day, as road conditions are expected to worsen as the day progresses.…
Due to inclement weather and hazardous road conditions, the following City of Orange departments will close at noon on Tuesday, January 16, 2018:
- City Hall – Customer Service
- Public Works
- Municipal Court
- Community Development & Permits Department
The Orange Public Library will close at 5 P.M.
All emergency personnel will be scheduled throughout the day and evening.
City officials will continue to monitor weather conditions and provide updates as necessary.…