Author Archives: Hillary Haynes
The City of Orange invites the Citizens of Orange and
surrounding communities to help those in need by participating in the 1st
Annual “Share the Warmth” Children’s Coat Drive.
Donations of gently used or new winter coats will be
accepted from November 5 through November 26 between 8 A.M. and 5 P.M., Sunday
through Saturday. Coats may be dropped
off at the following 3 fire stations within the City of Orange:
- Central Fire Station – 501 N. 7th Street
- Fire Station #2 – 1919 Allie Payne Road
- Fire Station #3 – 1717 MLK Drive
Coats collected during the drive will be distributed
at Central Fire Station, located at 501 7th Street, on December 1from 10 A.M. to 12 P.M.
“This is an opportunity for us to ensure that no
child has to attend school or endure the upcoming winter season without owning
a proper coat or jacket to keep them warm.
A coat provides hope, love, and confidence to a child in need, so please
help us uplift and encourage our children through your generous and well
appreciated donations.” – Mayor Larry Spears Jr.
For additional information, please contact the City Manager’s Office at 409-883-1055.
City of Orange residents
Download A Slice of Orange County TX
Whether you are a resident, visitor, or someone looking to relocate, A Slice of Orange County TX is your official guide to Orange County. Discover where to eat, shop, stay, and play, and connect with all of the major organizations across Orange County.
Download A Slice of Orange County TX to connect with the City of Orange on the go –
- Access important city news and announcements
- Find a full directory of city departments and services – with links to call or email directly from the app
- Access links to Bill Pay services, permits and applications
- Find city council and department meetings, minutes and agendas
- Watch videos of council meetings
- Learn about city programs and events
- Connect with us on social media
But, that’s not all – this app is a comprehensive resource for all of Orange County!
- Explore all of the area attractions, museums, parks and historic sites that make Orange County unique.
- Find the perfect restaurant to fit any mood, and get turn-by-turn directions right to its doorstep.
- Discover things to do, events, festivals, art exhibits, live music and more.
- Access a full directory of local businesses and organizations such as real estate, automotive, health and medical, professional services, schools, nonprofits, houses of worship, senior living and more.
- Receive timely push notifications for local news and announcements.
- Learn about the school districts within Orange County and Lamar State College-Orange
- Find resources to assist your move to Orange County in the Relocation Guide.
This app was created in partnership with the Greater Orange Area Chamber of Commerce, Orange County Texas, the Stark Foundation, the Orange County EDC, the City of Orange / Orange, TX CVB and Lamar State College-Orange. Get exclusive content and features from these and other organizations throughout the community, and support Orange’s thriving business community with listings to help you shop local.
Whether it’s for a weekend or a lifetime, download A Slice of Orange County TX to makethe most of your time and experience everything Orange County, Texas has to offer.
The City of Orange will hold a special call Zoning Board of Adjustment Meeting on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 @ 5:30 p.m., located at the Neighborhood Facility Building Meeting Room (303 8th Street). Please see the agenda packet HERE.
The City of Orange has been closely monitoring Tropical Storm Gordon. According to the National Weather Service – Lake Charles, the storm poses no direct threat to our region. However, we could see an additional 1”-3” of rain through Friday.
City staff would like to remind residents to be proactive during hurricane season and stay prepared. Have enough medication, cash and food for at least 3-5 days for you and your family and have a plan for pets. If possible, make an evacuation plan and establish a safe location where you may ride out the storm should the need arise. Pay close attention to the news media and official social media outlets for current information.
As a reminder, if you or a family member need assistance in the event that an evacuation is called, please register by calling 211.