From the Office of Emergency Management and the City of Orange Fire Department:
City officials would like to remind citizens that winter storms have the capability to bring cold temperatures, power failures, and icy roads. Please view the following tips to keep yourself, your family, and your pets safe:
- Insulate exterior pipes that run along outer walls to prevent freezing
- Know how to shut off water valves in the event a pipe bursts
- Provide adequate shelter to keep pets warm and ensure they have access to unfrozen water and food
- Never use a generator, grill, camp stove, or charcoal burning device inside or in any partially enclosed area
- Never use a gas stove/oven for a heating source – this could cause carbon monoxide poisoning
- Keep space heaters AT LEAST 3 feet from all objects
- Have a flashlight and blankets in place in the event of power failures
City officials recommend citizens gather any needed supplies early in the day, as road conditions are expected to worsen as the day progresses.…
Due to inclement weather and hazardous road conditions, the following City of Orange departments will close at noon on Tuesday, January 16, 2018:
- City Hall – Customer Service
- Public Works
- Municipal Court
- Community Development & Permits Department
The Orange Public Library will close at 5 P.M.
All emergency personnel will be scheduled throughout the day and evening.
City officials will continue to monitor weather conditions and provide updates as necessary.…
All non-essential City of Orange offices will be closed Monday, January 15, 2018 in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. There will be regular garbage pick up on this day.
Regular City business will resume on Tuesday, January 16, 2018.…
The Orange Economic Development Corporation Meeting will be held at the Orange Public Library Auditorium at 8:30 A.M. on Tuesday, January 9, 2018. A EDC Agenda may be found HERE.
The Orange City Council Meeting will be held at the Orange Public Library Auditorium at 9:00 A.M. on Tuesday, January 9, 2018. A City Council Agenda may be found HERE.…